Facilities and Recreation
Art and Craft
Developmental Benefits of Art
Motor Skills: Many of the motions involved in making art, such as holding a paintbrush or scribbling with a crayon, are essential to the growth of fine motor skills in young children. The use of scissors develops the dexterity children will need for writing.
Language Development: For children, making art—or just talking about it—provides opportunities to learn words for colours, shapes and actions
Decision Making: Art education strengthens problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
Visual Learning: Drawing, sculpting with clay and threading beads on a string all develop visual-spatial skills, which are more important than ever.
Inventiveness: When kids are encouraged to express themselves and take risks in creating art, they develop a sense of innovation that will be important in their adult lives.
Cultural Awareness: Teaching children to recognize the choices an artist or designer makes in portraying a subject helps kids understand the concept that what they see may be someone’s interpretation of reality.
Improved Academic Performance: Studies show that there is a correlation between art and other achievement.
Being involved in gymnastics helps encourage a healthy lifestyle, including regular physical activity and eating a well-balanced diet. Strong and healthy bones: Participation in weight-bearing activities can develop strong, healthy bones, which is important to develop at a young age.
It offers entertainment, good cardiovascular exercise and health benefits It has low risk to injury and helps in social bonding
- Confidence – Kids can gain confidence and self-esteem from working on and improving at their judo.
- Physical Pride – Children at a certain age start to become conscious of their physical wellbeing, and for this reason the physical benefits of judo exercise can
- Discipline – Judo teach children the benefits of disciplined practice and technique.
- Defensive Instinct – Kids learn to recognize and react to potentially harmful situations, which can always be a valuable set of skills.
- Goal Setting – martial arts programs helps to teach kids the benefits of setting and achieving specific goals. This is invaluable experience, both as it relates to school and growing up in general.
- Intellectual Stimulation – Finally, judo also involves intense focus, memorisation, and an active mind, which all provides intellectual stimulation.